Ant Problem in Abbotsford
Have you been seeing a lot of ants in your home recently? Are you in need of professional services to get rid of them? Well, Ants Control Abbotsford is here to help you out whenever you need us! Our efficient services guarantee to provide you full riddance of any annoying ants you have.
What Type of Dangers Do Ants Pose?
Ants may seem quite harmless, and well, they are, but when a lot of them come at once, especially certain species, they are concerning.
The different species are carpenter ants, pavement ants, and fire ants.
Carpenter ants are some of the most common ants you might see. They can cause serious damage to your property and home. They won’t bite you or harm you in any way but they will not hesitate to chew through wooden structures in your home, leading to damaged property and structures.
Pavement ants may bite you but they are also not that serious. Even if they do sting you, it is quite weak and cannot penetrate the skin easily. If you have sensitive skin, you might experience some red or irritated skin. Moreover, pavement ants are often found near or under patios, driveways, pavements, sidewalks, and they pile near or on top of the soil as well.
Fire ants are the real deal. These are concerning and should be exterminated as soon as possible. a pair of three legs, antennae, a dark abdomen, and their body and head are copper-brown. Contact Ants Control Abbotsford the moment you recognize one. Fire ant bites can often cause serious infections and allergic reactions, and may also prove to be fatal. Children and pets must especially be protected from them.
Other than that, here are some threats that you need to be aware of in the case of an ant infestation:
- They can chew on wires leading to serious fire hazards or malfunctioning appliances.
- They can infest food containers and possibly contaminate them (they might be carrying harmful germs).
- Their bites may cause allergic reactions to those with sensitive skin or weaker immune systems.
- They can chew through wood and lead to serious property damage.
Seeing a few ants here and there, both inside and outside your house is a normal thing. But if you start noticing a few too many ants walking around, don’t take it lightly.
- Properly seal off any entrances or openings you can find to stop ants from entering your home.
- Don’t leave leftover food or crumbs on the counter before going to sleep. Clean up the kitchen properly and don’t forget to clean near the dust bins as well.
- Store all food items in a sealed container. Make sure they are airtight boxes that will not attract any ants.
- Clean your house regularly, sweep, vacuum, and take the trash out every day or on alternate days.
- Plant some mint in your garden.
- Spray vinegar or lemon juice near places you suspect ants might enter from or any other openings you notice. You can also spray it on an entrance you just sealed to be extra sure that no ants enter your house any time soon.
Getting Rid of Ants:
To shield yourself from having contaminated food, potential fire hazards, damaged property, and irritating ant stings, follow these tips to eliminate all ants from your household.
Note: While you can try DIY solutions to get rid of ants, we still recommend that you get in touch with Ants Control Abbotsford for the proper removal of the pests. Especially since there is no way of deducing accurately the damage they have already done and how long they have been roaming your house and inside your walls.